Miss Universe fans were in an uproar Sunday, Jan. 25 when Miss Colombia Paulina Vega was crowned 2015's pageant queen, with audible boos heard as fan favorite, 22-year-old Miss Jamaica Kaci Fennell was named fourth runner-up. Quickly becoming the impetus behind the hashtag #MissJamaicaShouldHaveWon, Fennell proudly declared Usain Bolt, the world's fastest person, and Bob Marley, her country’s greatest worldwide contributions during the pageant's Q&A portion.
As 2015's newest Miss Universe Vega celebrates her win, Us Weekly gets to know Fennell with five fun facts.
1. She's got short hair and, no, she doesn’t care! During Sunday's pageant, Fennell acknowledged her Halle Berry-esque hair, and in doing so, challenged the traditional notions of beauty. "I don't have long tresses like everyone else, I'm just representing myself and that's what beauty pageants are all about," she told the crowd, including host Natalie Morales and judge Lisa Vanderpump. “You don't have to look a certain way … and I feel like I represent that."
2. Twitter might be taking her loss hard, but the Kingston, Jamaica native who only started modeling three years ago, is okay placing fifth. "Thank you everyone for all the love," she tweeted before her final runway walk Sunday. "Matters not what the outcome may be, because tonight marks only the beginning. Because when you put God first what you have to worry about? Nada!"
3. Despite her stunning physique, Fennell — whose mom is a baker — isn't afraid to indulge, or hit the gym hard after! Calling apple pie a la mode her comfort food, Fennell works out five days a week, and drinks at least two gallons of water a day. A vegetarian, Fennell also abstains from alcohol.
4. Fennell has a soft spot for children with special needs, and keeps those in her native country top of mind when giving back. "I am hoping to raise the necessary finances for a scholarship fund to aid hopeful special education teachers, so we can have highly qualified individuals teaching our children," she told O-access JAMAICA before the Miss Universe pageant. Active on social media, Fennell started the #100mouthsamonth project in an effort to feed needy children and families.
5. Though she admitted on Twitter that Miss Universe performer Nick Jonas (boyfriend of 2012 Miss USA Olivia Culpo) made her swoon, the stunning beauty is more of an old soul, and calls Audrey Hepburn an idol. "I love Audrey, not just for her beautiful face but for her beautiful soul. We all know her as a great actress, but a lot of us don't realize the great humanitarian she was, as well," Fennell told the Jamaica Observer. "She lent most of her life being an ambassador for UNICEF. She created housing schemes in Africa, facilitated access to clean water and access to education for those struck by poverty. Who wouldn't admire a woman like that?" See more stunning photos of the runner ups and Miss Universe 2015.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!