Move over, Boo and Grumpy Cat: There's a new furry superstar taking over the social media scene! Pint-sized Pomeranian Jiff might not have Boo's 15 million Facebook fans, or his own Lifetime holiday movie like Grumpy Cat, but this little guy is on the rise and already winning over the likes of Katy Perry, Kevin Hart, Matt Lauer, and Nick Cannon.
Making one of his first media visits in 2013 to his local Chicago news station WGN, the teddy bear-like dog, 4, has since graduated to regular appearances on Good Morning America. In summer 2014, actor Hart met Jiff at GMA and took to Instagram after their joint appearance to gush about his new BFF. "I tried to fight it but I can't any longer: I love this damn dog! His personality is off the chain," Hart wrote along with a photo of the pair.
Here, Us Weekly gets to know the adorable social media sensation with five fun facts!
1. He's the fastest dog on two paws, and he's got the Guinness World Record to prove it! In August 2014, it was announced that Jiff would be included in the record book for achieving two new records: Fastest 10 meters on hind legs (6.56 seconds) and fastest 5 meters on front paws (7.76 seconds). Think that's the only cool trick Jiff can do? Think again! The pup can also shake hands, bow, ride a skateboard, and stamp his autograph. Pretty paw-some, if you ask Us!
#Repost from @guinnessworldrecords — Here's @jiffpom in action – the fastest dog on two paws and one of the stars of our Guinness World Records 2015 book, out soon! Visit guinnessworldrecords.com for his full story #gwr60 #guinnessworldrecords
2. One of Jiff's biggest breaks: A featured role in Perry's 2014 Egyptian-themed "Dark Horse" video. "Breaking news: I'm turning into a dog person!" cat lover Perry wrote in an Instagram message after one of her first meetings with Jiff. Indeed, Perry and costar have developed a special bond over the past year. "Katy and Jiff work so well together that she personally requested him for her CoverGirl ad," Jiff's manager, Christine Holder, tells Us. Perry and Jiff participated in a commercial touting CoverGirl's latest line of Ready, Set, Gorgeous makeup after first connecting on the music video shoot. "Jiff was very excited to see his friend again!"
???? #truelove @katyperry #jiff #jiffpom #cuddlebug
3. August 20 is officially Jiff Day in Los Angeles! Moving from Chicago to L.A. in 2013 to focus on his entertainment career, Jiff was honored by Councilmember Tom LaBonge with a proclamation during a ceremony at L.A.'s City Hall. "He loves the attention that he receives when he's out in public. Seeing all the smiling faces really makes his day," Holder tells Us.
4. Tricks aren't all Jiff has up his paws! This adorable 5 lb. Pom, whose hobbies include playing and napping, is also a budding entrepreneur. Holder tells Us her client is hard at work with an international apparel designer preparing to launch his own line of exclusive pet accessories. Jiff's team is keeping details under wraps for now, but Us Weekly has exclusively learned that the collection will have a holiday theme.
5. He's a frequent flier — and like all boys his age, gets giddy if he's invited into the cockpit. "Jiff travels quite frequently for work and pleasure, and he gets the most amazing treatment from airlines," explains Holder. "He's always happy if he is lucky enough to meet the pilots!"
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on Youtube!