It’s officially going to be over! Lamar Odom filed his response to Khloé Kardashian’s divorce filing on Friday, July 8, Us Weekly can confirm.
Odom’s response comes after Kardashian filed for divorce from the former Lakers player for the second time this past May.
The Keeping Up With the Kardashians star, 32, initially filed for divorce from Odom, 36, in December 2013 but withdrew the papers to serve as his caretaker. As previously reported by Us, the Strong Looks Better Naked author helped nurse Odom back to health after he almost died following an October overdose. The former NBA star made a full recovery after spending weeks in a coma and rehabilitating at a home near Kardashian’s own Calabasas mansion.
“He is sad but also happy to move on with a clear mind,” a source told Us of Odom in May after Kardashian filed. “He is more independent now and with his friends all the time and his kids a lot. So he's ready to move on."
Although Odom was welcomed back into the famous family with open arms, Kardashian has since cut ties with the athlete after he allegedly starting using again.
“Khloé had to put her foot down and stop helping him out,” an insider previously told Us. “She can’t watch him fall apart again.”
A source close to Odom, however, insists he hasn’t returned to drugs and is healthy.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!