Lenny Kravitz, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire star, 49, spills 25 things you don't know about him.
1. I wrote my first song, "I Love You, Baby," at age 7.
3. I used to live across the street from Joe Namath and would play catch with him.
4. My mother, Roxie Roker, played Helen Willis on The Jeffersons.
5. Angelina Jolie auditioned for the lead in my "Stand by My Woman" video. The director passed!
6. I am named after my uncle, who was killed in the Korean War.
7. I own the Beatles' Redd 37 recording console from Abbey Road Studios.
8. I went to high school with Slash.
9. I have an organic farm in Brazil.
10. As a child, I sang with the Metropolitan Opera.
11. The cover photo on my album 5 was an accident. The photographer, Mark Seliger, pushed the shutter when our car hit a bump.
12. My collection of rock memorabilia includes Paul McCartney's handwritten lyrics for "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band."
13. I wrote songs for my forthcoming album at night during the filming of Catching Fire.
14. I have a knack for reciting theme songs from the TV shows of my youth.
15. When I was 5, Duke Ellington showed me how to play piano.
16. Mariah Carey and I met in New York City as struggling musicians. We remain good friends to this day.
17. I was a child actor and appeared in commercials, TV shows and also plays.
18. I started acting in films because Lee Daniels told me I should and offered me a part in Precious.
19. Jonah Hill's dad is my business manager.
20. As a high school student, I worked in a fish market. I had to cut, gut and fry.
21. I own a design firm called Kravitz Design.
22. I once lived in a Ford Pinto.
23. I am very descriptive whenever I'm discussing food.
24. I have a speakeasy in the basement of my Paris home.
25. I was a huge Kiss fan and went to junior high one day dressed as Gene Simmons in full makeup!
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!