On March 21, you can catch Mekhi Phifer playing Max in the highly-anticipated Divergent, starring Shailene Woodley and Kate Winslet. Below, the 39-year-old actor shares with Us Weekly 25 little-known things about himself.
1. I love sunflower seeds! I think I need an intervention.
2. Columbo is one of my favorite shows of all time.
3. I'm really into Las Vegas. The shows and restaurants are pretty slick.
4. I hope to get my pilot's license someday. Flying seems like the ultimate freedom.
5. I make a mean breakfast: eggs, turkey sausage, hash browns.
6. My youngest son, Mekhi, is not afraid of anything, except haunted houses. But he's only 6, so I'll give him time.
7. I'm a serious spades player. I'm a master of the game.
8. I love The Big Lebowski.
9. I always have water next to me when I sleep. I drink at least two bottles a night.
10. I love New York teams, even the Knicks.
11. I enjoy traveling.
12. But afterward, I'm happy to sleep in my own bed.
13. I used to be into off-roading and racing.
14. My No. 1 musical is Guys and Dolls — it has the greatest tunes!
15. I can quote My Cousin Vinny from the beginning to the end!
16. Did I mention my only guilty pleasure is sunflower seeds?
17. My wife, Reshelet, and I once took a two-week RV trip to Disney World. I drove the whole way there and back, 7,000 miles.
18. I like to play Halo with my 14-year-old son, Omi.
19. My fetish is Nike Air Force 1 sneakers. I own 40 pairs!
20. My wife and I have a little Chihuahua, Koree, but I never walk him alone. Just doesn't look right. I make my sons do it!
21. I've skydived.
22. My go-to television shows are Shark Tank and Judge Mathis.
23. Of all the things I've done in my career, Broadway was the most rewarding.
24. I love to take long road trips and camp out.
25. I told you about the sunflower seeds, right?
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!