Nick Cannon stopped by Howard Stern's SiriusXM radio show on Wednesday and got candid about what it's like being married to one of the biggest superstars in the world, Mariah Carey.
Here are a five simple rules we gathered from the "America's Got Talent" host's hour-long interview.
1. Support Mariah's Decisions: Carey, 45, made headlines in February when she said she fires nannies if they try to make themselves more important than her. Cannon, 33, confirmed they go through nannies about "every other week," but backed up his wife's reasoning.
"I understand that," he said. "In a sense, it's something about a woman and her children that the minute the child chooses to go to the nanny before they go to the mom — I would have an issue with that too."
Playing devil's advocate, Stern and his sidekick, Robin Quivers, argued that would be the nannies simply doing their job because Mariah isn't around.
"That's not true," Cannon insisted. "My children spend more time with my wife than they do with anybody else. If the nanny is the one that's [spoiling our kids]… Nannies naturally think, 'Oh, I'm supposed to baby them'… my kids are smart. They can play the nanny because the nanny doesn't discipline them. We discipline them as parents.”
2. Don't Talk About Old Flames: Nick half-joked that he got into a lot of trouble the last time he came on Stern's show after they discussed a few of his former lovers.
"It's the small things [Mariah gets mad at]," he revealed. "When we bring up other people's names, and I understand why… I got in a lot of trouble and I got to stop talking about my past."
Cannon made headlines for discussing his dalliances with famous celebs pre-Mariah, including everyone's favorite reality star Kim Kardashian. But it wasn't Kim that Mariah was upset about.
"She [doesn't] even know who Kim Kardashian is!" Nick exclaimed. "She doesn't pay attention to that. It's more about the fact, why spend time on my past?"
3. Be Friends With Her Jeweler: What woman doesn't want a "300-something thousand" dollar piece of jewelry? Nick recently purchased a diamond butterfly bracelet for his wife, but not because he was in the doghouse for discussing his list of exes.
"It wasn't because I was in hot water, it was because it was her birthday," he noted. "[But] it helped! Her jeweler and I have a very close relationship."
4. Still… Know When to Apologize: "I did apologize for hurting her feelings," he told Stern, referencing their past chat about the many famous women Cannon has romanced. "I did apologize for being insensitive."
5. Communicate: When there is an issue, address it and move on.
"We trust each other more than we trust anyone," Nick said. "We don't yell, we don't argue, we have discussions. We don't have enough time to linger on stuff. It's one conversation then it's onto something else… that last, like, a day."
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!