Final Five member Madison Kocian has already won a team gold medal, but the reigning world champion on bars is eager to add another prize to her collection when she competes in her signature event Sunday, August 14. Kocian, 19, shares what her life is like when she's not swinging on the uneven bars with this list of 25 things you don't know about her.
1. My 5th birthday party was a gymnastics party. I’ve been hooked ever since.
2. Everyone calls me "Madi" at the gym.
3. I’ll be a freshman at UCLA in the fall of 2016. Go Bruins!
4. My favorite celebrity guy is Liam Hemsworth.
5. I love Carrie Underwood.
6. I know almost every word to Carrie Underwood’s Storyteller album.
7. I love the book Mind Gym.
8. I like cooking. I’ll find recipes on Pinterest and make them for my family.
9. Nastia Liukin is like a big sister to me.
10. My favorite food is salmon.
11. I’m a huge Texas Rangers baseball fan!
12. My biggest superstition is my hair clips for competitions. I wear them in the same exact order every competition.
13. I’m the first gymnast in my family.
14. My favorite TV shows are The Blacklist and America’s Got Talent.
15. I’m terrified of snakes.
16. If I weren’t an athlete, I’d love to be working with kids and volunteering at a children’s hospital.
17. When traveling for gymnastics, I always bring a little block in my suitcase that reads "Think positive and positive things will happen."
18. I take my phone everywhere with me.
19. I hate mosquitoes and flying insects.
20. I’m addicted to chewing gum.
21. My middle name is Taylor.
22. I’ve never eaten sushi.
23. I collect key chains from different countries.
24. I graduated high school in a class of 16 people.
25. Melissa McCarthy cracks me up!
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on Youtube!