‘Property Brothers’ Star Jonathan Scott Avoids Charges After Fargo Bar Fight

Jonathan Scott (pictured with brother Drew) has avoided charges stemming from a bar brawl.
Jonathan Scott (pictured with brother Drew) has avoided charges stemming from a bar brawl.  GP Images/WireImage

Property Brothers star Jonathan Scott has avoided charges stemming from an April 24 bar fight in Fargo, North Dakota, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports.

Fargo city attorney Erik Johnson said in a statement that lack of evidence meant it would be impossible to charge the HGTV presenter with anything following the incident over a month ago.

"Upon review of the police report and associated evidence, I found there was not sufficient evidence to establish a violation of either simple assault or disorderly conduct … beyond a reasonable doubt," he told the outlet.

As Us Weekly previously reported, the star was allegedly placed in a chokehold by a bouncer after he intervened in an argument some of his fellow patrons were having at Dempsey's Public House.

TMZ reported that Scott called 911, claiming he was assaulted by the bouncer. The site also reported that the 38-year-old hunk was only trying to help out, and was not involved in the original fight.

Scott and his brother Drew Scott were in town at the time to appear at the Eco Chic Design Conference.

Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!

Want stories like these delivered straight to your phone? Download the Us Weekly iPhone app now!