Sandra Lee is a fighter and oenophile! The Semi-Homemade Cooking star successfully underwent surgery following complications stemming from her May 2015 mastectomy on Tuesday, Aug. 11. After being released from the hospital on Wednesday, the Food Network star was taken home by her longtime partner, Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who was also on standby throughout her procedure.
“We are happy to let you know that Sandra Lee is out of surgery,” her team updated fans on Facebook on Tuesday. “Her medical team reports that everything went very well…Sandra was very thirsty, but the nurses told her she still had to wait to drink water, but maybe they could negotiate with an ice chip? Sandra lifted her head slightly and said ‘…water WAS my negotiation…I’d really love a nice glass of rosé’…So, let's just say her celebratory self is right in place!”
As previously reported, Lee told fans via Facebook on Monday that she made the decision to undergo surgery Tuesday following an infection from her double mastectomy, which ultimately left her hospitalized earlier this month due to a build up of fluids.
The chef announced she had been diagnosed with breast cancer on Good Morning America this past May. “I didn’t even cry,” she said at the time. “I was stunned.”
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!