Singer-songwriter Ben Harper, 41, (his new album, Give Till It's Gone, is out now) shares the 25 things you don't know about him with Us Weekly.
1. My great-, great-, great- etc. grandfather Samuel Chase signed the Declaration of Independence.
2. I listen to sports talk radio but haven't called in yet.
3. I have been a Lakers fan since the age of 9.
4. My family has owned a music store for more than 50 years called the Folk Music Center.
5. The first record I ever bought was Jimi Hendrix's Smash Hits.
6. I am from Claremont, California.
7. I unapologetically use words such as awesome, gnarly, richter and totally on a daily basis.
8. I will not go on to another book until I finish the book I'm reading, no matter how much I hate the book I'm reading.
9. I feel I may not make it to No. 25 without plagiarizing Dave Grohl's list of 25 Things.
10. I love Mexican food.
11. My mom plays and sings way better than I do.
12. I work closely with Living Lands & Waters founder Chad Pregracke, who cleans up rivers.
13. I'm curious who came up with the word nub.
14. I saw Bob Marley at the Starlight Amphitheater in L.A. with my dad when I was 9 and came home light-headed. It never wore off.
15. I work with an organization called LIFT that helps people help themselves.
16. I prefer tube socks in a world that tells me I shouldn't.
17. I can never remember the specials when dining out.
18. I'm always late.
19. No matter what I'm doing, I'd rather be taking a nap.
20. I skateboard.
21. I'm religious and I'm not sure why.
22. I collect sneakers.
23. My dog's name is Jamal, named after [retired NBA star] Jamaal Wilkes.
24. I love dogs.
25. My dad was a writer who wrote on paper plates because they stacked so perfectly.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!