Singer-songwriter Ben Harper, 41, (his new album, Give Till It's Gone, is out now) shares the 25 things you don't know about him with Us Weekly.
1. My great-, great-, great- etc. grandfather Samuel Chase signed the Declaration of Independence.
2. I listen to sports talk radio but haven't called in yet.
3. I have been a Lakers fan since the age of 9.
4. My family has owned a music store for more than 50 years called the Folk Music Center.
5. The first record I ever bought was Jimi Hendrix's Smash Hits.
6. I am from Claremont, California.
7. I unapologetically use words such as awesome, gnarly, richter and totally on a daily basis.
8. I will not go on to another book until I finish the book I'm reading, no matter how much I hate the book I'm reading.
9. I feel I may not make it to No. 25 without plagiarizing Dave Grohl's list of 25 Things.
10. I love Mexican food.
11. My mom plays and sings way better than I do.
12. I work closely with Living Lands & Waters founder Chad Pregracke, who cleans up rivers.
13. I'm curious who came up with the word nub.
14. I saw Bob Marley at the Starlight Amphitheater in L.A. with my dad when I was 9 and came home light-headed. It never wore off.
15. I work with an organization called LIFT that helps people help themselves.
16. I prefer tube socks in a world that tells me I shouldn't.
17. I can never remember the specials when dining out.
18. I'm always late.
19. No matter what I'm doing, I'd rather be taking a nap.
20. I skateboard.
21. I'm religious and I'm not sure why.
22. I collect sneakers.
23. My dog's name is Jamal, named after [retired NBA star] Jamaal Wilkes.
24. I love dogs.
25. My dad was a writer who wrote on paper plates because they stacked so perfectly.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!