Molly Ringwald, 42, (her book, Getting the Pretty Back: Friendship, Family and Finding the Perfect Lipstick, is out now) shares the 25 things you don't know about her with UsMagazine.com.
1. When I was 12, I tried to sand the freckles off of my nose with sandpaper.
2. My spoken French is far superior to my reading and writing.
3. I trained to be an opera singer for about six months until I realized that I didn't particularly care for opera.
4. I love deep sea fishing.
5. I once jumped out of an airplane for my birthday, and the first parachute didn't open.
6. I am near-sighted.
7. I'm a jazz singer.
8. I have astonishingly little interest in sports.
9. My iPhone is my BFF.
10. I tore my ACL skiing and had surgery. Now there's some random guy's ligament in my left knee, for which I'm eternally grateful.
11. My favorite place to live is New York City.
12. I am a fierce advocate for every individual's right to marry.
13. One day, I would love to cook my way though Italy.
14. I came up with the title for my book — Getting the Pretty Back: Friendship, Family and FInding the Perfect Lipstick — while on the phone with a publisher I didn't sell it to.
15. I'm still searching for the perfect lipstick.
16. I currently have 19,653 emails in my inbox.
17. I'm a procrastinator.
18. I'm trying to learn how to play the ukulele with marginal success.
19. I'm a master parallel-parker!
20. I gave birth to three frighteningly cute children [Mathilda, 6, and 10-month-old twins Adele and Roman].
21. My 6-year-old daughter is more stylish than I am.
22. I love the smell of grapefruit, but don't particularly like to eat it.
23. If I could have dinner with anyone, it would be Philip Roth.
24. I am deeply proud of few things in my life. Acting in French, giving birth to twins without a C-section (one breech!) and writing a book entirely on my own.
25. I'd be perfectly fine if I never saw the color pink again.