Rachel, Finn and the Glee gang may be prepping for Nationals on season two's final six episodes, but that's not all that's in store for the McKinley High crew when the show returns Tuesday.
From new love interests to celeb guest stars and even a few Glee prom spoilers, Us Weekly offers five can't-miss moments from upcoming episodes, as told by the show's cast and crew.
1. Kurt heads back to McKinley High: After a brief run at Dalton Academy alongside his newly-minted BF, Blaine, Kurt (Chris Colfer) returns to his old stomping grounds and to New Directions. Not that filming with the Warblers wasn't a good time. "It's been wonderful! No estrogen!" jokes Colfer. "No, actually, I felt exactly what Kurt was feeling. I was missing my friends, but I was making new friends. And those Warbler guys, they are so great! I'm having a great time [filming with the Warblers], but I'm excited to be back [at McKinley]!"
2. Gwyneth Paltrow is set for a grand return: "She is in our first episode back to continue her love affair with Matt [Morrison's character Will]," hints creator Ryan Murphy. "She loves the show, and we love her and she'll come back next year. Her and Kristin [Chenoweth] are sort of the muses of the show. They come in and do their magic and leave. We love writing for them." Speaking of Chenoweth, what will she sing for her Glee return? Murphy jokes that Glee cocreator Ian Brennan wrote a ditty for the Broadway vet called "It's 10 a.m. And I'm Drunk!"
3. Amber Riley's Mercedes is finally getting herself a man! Murphy hints that one of the main goals of this summer's Glee-themed reality series on Oxygen — where an aspiring actor will earn a multi-episode guest starring role — is to find Mercedes' perfect match. "The talent on it is really, really amazing and one of the things in the back of my mind is 'How would that guy be with Amber?'" says Murphy.
4. It's almost prom season! Who will be McKinley's musical entertainment for the evening? None other than the Warblers! Well, as long as Murphy gets his way. "I think the Warblers have to perform at the prom," he says. "As long as Kurt and Blaine (Darren Criss) are a couple, they'll continue to mix worlds, until season three where I think Blaine might have to try out for New Directions."
5. Does Santana + Brittany = True Love? Santana's portrayer Naya Rivera says yes! "In my heart of hearts, I feel like Santana should be with her just because she's been so damn sad," Rivera confirms. But things could get a little out of hand. "I would like to see her end up with Brittany…[but] I'd probably get her pregnant!"
Glee returns Tuesday at 8 p.m. (EST) on Fox.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!