Jason Bateman and the Arrested Development gang are coming back!
At Sunday's The New York Yorker Festival, the 2003-2006 cult favorite series' creator Mitch Hurwitz confirmed plans to bring the show back for an abbreviated, 10-episode season that will lead into a feature film.
Though no air date has been announced, Hurwitz and series star Bateman are excited for the "ambitious" new project.
In regards to the TV series, Hurwitz says each episode will focus on one particular character, starting with Bateman's Michael Bluth. "It's an unusual style of show," the creator told reporters Sunday. "It's all just going to build this peril in their life until they all come together, really, in the first scene of the movie."
Halfway done with the screenplay, Hurwitz credits Bateman with keeping the idea for the project alive.
"Jason has been the soul of this entire thing creatively, I'm very grateful that," he said. "[The entire cast is] all game; we've hated being coy. Studios have been great so far. I'm very excited."
Following The New Yorker panel, Bateman took to Twitter with some even more exciting news: Filming is said to begin next summer for an early 2013 release.
Sign up for Us Weekly's free, daily newsletter and never miss breaking news or exclusive stories about your favorite celebrities, TV shows and more!
For more Channel Surfing, click here.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!