For a dollar, name a secret about truTV’s hilarious man on the street! Billy Eichner reveals 25 things you don’t know about him in this week’s issue of Us Weekly. Don’t forget to catch the season 5 premiere of Billy on the Street (Tuesdays starting November 15 at 10:30 p.m. ET) with guest star Jon Hamm.
1. I’m a big sucker for Christmastime in NYC.
2. I support the nonprofit Everytown for Gun Safety.
3. I was a bartender at The Lion King on Broadway.
4. The best advice I ever got was from [producer] Michael Patrick King, who said to always “follow the green lights” when it comes to career or creative decisions.
5. I’m very allergic to cats.
6. . . . but my first pet as a child was a cat I named Jovi, because I was a huge Bon Jovi fan.
7. My favorite color is blue.
8. I mutter “oh, God” throughout the day. You can guess whether that’s because I’m spiritual or disgusted.
9. I have a Late Show With David Letterman hat that I will never throw away.
10. My tweet during the second debate [“Someone please explain to Donald Trump how the Senate works and how the government works and how vaginas work and also Russia”] was one of my biggest ever. But who’s counting?
Someone please explain to Donald Trump how the Senate works and how the government works and how vaginas work and also Russia
— billy eichner (@billyeichner) October 10, 2016
11. I have never turned on the stove in either my NYC or L.A. apartment.
12. I once dreamed I had lunch with Sarah Jessica Parker, who I didn’t know at the time, and when I woke up I was upset it was only a dream because I loved her. Now she’s my friend, which is insane.
13. I never learned how to drive a car, but it’s probably time to learn!
14. As a kid, I was a very good singer.
15. I chew on things I shouldn’t, like pen caps and straws. I’m not proud of it.
16. The last thing I read was Leah Remini’s book Troublemaker. It was riveting.
17. I can’t live without cold-brew coffee. Kinda basic, but I don’t care.
18. My first crush was Keith Hernandez, the first baseman for the 1986 New York Mets!
19. I could watch [the 1993 film] Six Degrees of Separation over and over again.
20. Every morning I go on Twitter, Deadline, The Hollywood Reporter, NPR, Instagram and Playbill.
21. I once ran into my friend the late, great Joan Rivers on a plane. I forgot my garment bag when we landed, and she walked me into the Admirals Club and had them escort me back to the plane to make sure I got it back. I miss Joan.
22. I’ve been called so many variations on Billy. As you can imagine, “Billy, Don’t Be a Hero” is hilarious every time.
23. My perfect day off would consist of sleeping in, listening to music and walking around Manhattan with friends on a crisp fall day. By the way, I’m not sure I’ve ever actually done this.
24. I’m not embarrassed to say I think Paris Hilton’s “Stars Are Blind” is a perfect pop song!
25. Our dream guest for Billy on the Street has been and always will be Meryl Streep.