Da Brat shared 25 fun facts about herself with Us Weekly. The rapper will guest-star and perform on the season finale of Empire on Wednesday, Dec. 2, at 9 p.m. ET on Fox.
1. I grew up in the Apostolic Pentecostal church with very strict rules.
2. I sang in the choir, and played piano and drums at church.
3. I love domestic things, like cooking and cleaning.
4. I am a dog person. I have three dogs.
5. I wear matching panties (La Perla and Victoria’s Secret) along with boxers to prevent skin irritation from my jeans.
6. I love tender oxtails.
7. I compose R&B, gospel, and rap music.
8. I love to laugh.
9. Mariah Carey has been one of my best friends for over 20 years.
10. My two grandmothers were my whole world, and it’s still difficult coping with their passing.
11. I have a full Michael Jackson tattoo on my calf. His music is what gets me through.
12. I am the first female rapper to go platinum.
13. Kris Kross discovered me in Chicago.
14. I met Jermaine Dupri at the Oprah show in Chicago, and he signed me to his label, So So Def.
15. My go-to lipstick is Chili from MAC.
16. I have collaborated with the likes of The Notorious B.I.G., Missy Elliott, Mariah Carey, Destiny’s Child, Lil Kim, and many more.
17. My favorite athlete is Michael Jordan.
18. My all-time favorite TV shows are Good Times, The Jeffersons, The Facts of Life, Diff’rent Strokes, and Family Ties.
19. My hair isn't done until my baby hair is done.
20. You can hear me every morning on the Rickey Smiley Morning Show, syndicated in over 70 markets.
21. You can see me on Rickey Smiley for Real on Tuesdays on TV One, and in December on Lifetime’s Rap Games with Jermaine Dupri as we discover and mentor young new artists.
22. I’ve toured the world, performing in places such as Africa, Japan, Italy, Milan, and London.
23. I played seven instruments in school, and filled in when a section was missing a player.
24. I am a God-fearing woman, and I know nothing I accomplish would be possible without Him.
25. It is the best feeling to me to help others and contribute to making their dreams come true.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!