She could have fooled us! Dancing With the Stars pro Sharna Burgess, tells Us Weekly exclusively in 25 Things You Don’t Know About Me that she’s “incredibly clumsy” (and shy!) when she’s not on the dance floor. The dancer, 31, who recently finished season 23 of the hit ABC show as runner-up with her partner, race car driver James Hinchcliffe, also reveals what type of food she’d like to eat for every meal, her worst dream ever, and her most embarrassing moment as a kid.
Before she hits the road with her fellow pros (and season 23 winner, Olympic gymnast Laurie Hernandez) for the Dancing With the Stars: Live tour, which kicks off in Reno, Nevada on December 16, the dancer, 31, shared 25 interesting facts about herself that you don’t know exclusively with Us Weekly.
1. I watched the movie It too young as a kid and have since been terrified of clowns.
2. I am NOT a morning person.
3. When I was a kid the sound of airplanes scared the crap out of me.
4. I’m actually very shy, unless I’m on the dance floor… true story, I swear!
5. My ritual before the show is to take a shot of tequila with my partner to just relax the nerves.
6. I could eat breakfast food for every meal of the day!
7. I hate carbonated drinks.
8. I moved to London (from Australia) on my own at 18 to chase my dance dreams.
9. I never wear matching socks… like ever
10. When I was 3 years old I went to pet the dog next door and walked the wrong way home and got lost for hours. The police were called… it was a whole ordeal.
11. I have a terrible fear of heights.
12. My favorite thing on about being on the DWTS tour is hanging with girls in the dressing room! No boys allowed!
13. I love animals more than most people
14. I sing in the shower… loudly!
15. As a kid I would sing for my parents. One time I sang “I’ll Make Love to You” by Boyz II Men… very awkward, I still remember my dad’s face.
16. I’m either the life of the party or reading my book in the corner… no in-between.
17. I liked to play hide and seek in shopping centers with my mom when I was a kid but she didn’t know we were playing the game… poor mum!
18. So that’s why my mum had a leash on me as a child… I’m a wanderer!
19. My first kiss was the messiest thing I’ve ever experienced. Thank god it got better!
20. I need at least five alarms to wake me up in the morning
21. I hate cinnamon flavored anything… except Cinnabon because that’s just amazing.
22. I’m incredibly clumsy unless I’m dancing.
23. Give me a piece of bubble wrap and I become a 5-year-old.
24. I used to dream that I went to school naked and didn’t know it until all the kids started laughing at me
25. My favorite music is ‘90s hip-hop.
The Dancing with the Stars: Live! — We Came to Dance tour travels to 43 cities this winter beginning on December 16, 2016, and running through February 14, 2017. For tour dates and to purchase tickets, please go to dwtstour.com.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!