Today is Heidi Klum's 38th birthday! While it's no doubt that her longtime husband Seal and their entourage of children (ages 7, 5, 4, and 1) will be planning something special, Us Weekly decided to commemorate her special day by listing off the beauty and style lessons Klum has taught Us over the years. And since her Hollywood resume includes everything from Victoria's Secret Angel to Project Runway host, there's a lot to say.
1. Don't be afraid to switch up your hair and makeup. When Klum chopped off her locks last year, she explained on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno it was because, "I got bored, as we all do every once in a while as girls, so I chopped it off! I grow it, I cut it. Some people never change their hair and it works for them. For me, I get bored."
2. Do what's good for your body. Jogging helped the supermodel regain her fit figure after giving birth to her daughter, Lou. "I don't love running," she told Us, "but I do like to see everything getting tighter and toned. I eat healthy, and I try to stay away from carbs.
3. Don't take yourself too seriously. Each year, the Project Runway host and her husband, Seal, 48, throw a huge Halloween bash where she especially pulls out all the stops for her costume. Last year she dressed up as an eight-foot-tall robot (complete with stilts!) and in 2008, she went as Hindu goddess Kali.
4. When you're good at something, share it with the world! One thing is sure — whether Klum is rocking a mask of blue eye shadow or her signature defined eyes, she always looks flawless. Lucky for those who want to copy the star's style, she just launched her very own lifestyle website via Aol with her team of experts, where she teaches you how to do everything from trimming your bangs at home to pulling off plaid.
5. The best accessory is a genuine smile. It's very rare that the supermogul is seen without a dazzling smile, which comes as no surprise since she has a lot to be thankful for: A loving husband, four gorgeous kids, a partnership with New Balance, a slew of TV show hosting gigs, a collection of fragrances (and a new scent due out this fall!) and an anti-aging skin-care product called In an Instant.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!