A royal 'do—and you can do it, too!
Yes, Kate Middleton, pregnant with her second child, never leaves the house—er, palace—without her glossy, brunette tresses perfectly coiffed. But it must be said: Her latest updo, as worn to the annual St. Patrick's Day parade in Aldershot, England, on Tuesday, March 17, is one of her most elegant styles to date!
Pinned beneath her chocolate Lock & Co. hat, the 33-year-old Duchess of Cambridge's wore her hair swept into curled chignon, twisted from the ear on each side and pinned into individual loops at the back of her head, creating an elegant explosion of highlighted coils.
As the luck of the Irish would have it, recreating the twisty 'do at home is easier than it looks, thanks to Stenson's step-by-step guide.
1. Create a loose ponytail at the nape of the neck.
2. Separate the pony into two sections, and twist each in an alternating direction. Secure with an elastic—this is called a rope braid.
3. Gather the braid into a small loop and pin at the nape. Then, continue creating loops with the same braid, working up the head, making sure to pin each one.
4. Expand and loosen small bits of the braid and secure edges with hair pins.
5. To set the style, spray with Matrix Style Link Style Fixer ($9, Matrix.com).
6. As a final touch, attach a fascinator hat at the top of the head. (After all, it's what Kate would do!)
Which of Middleton's hairstyles is your favorite? Tweet with @UsWeekly using the hashtag #stylebyUs!
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!