Thanks to her infinite supply of Spanx, Sara Blakely can afford to indulge in a few extra pieces of fried chicken. The 45-year-old billionaire founder and owner of the shapewear brand and creator of The Belly Art Project, a book celebrating pregnancy, loves fried food, as she told Us Weekly in this exclusive list of 25 Things You Don’t Know About Her. For more on her new initiative, visit spanx.com.
1. I almost named Spanx Open-Toed Delilahs.
2. I'm afraid of flying and sometimes cry during takeoff.
3. I climbed the side of a hot-air balloon at 8,000 feet and had tea on top with Sir Richard Branson. Did I mention I’m afraid of heights?
4. I love fried food.
5. I have a lucky red backpack.
6. My four kids are under 7.
7. In my mind Tina Fey is my best friend. It will happen.
8. When I was growing up, my dad would encourage me to fail.
9. My brother's name is Ford, and a best friend growing up was named Chevy. Swear.
10. Everything I have, I visualized first, including being on The Oprah Winfrey Show!
11. I trademarked the name Spanx online with my credit card for $150.
12. My teeth are naturally really white, and when I was little I fantasized that Colgate would use me in an ad.
13. I grew up flat-chested in Clearwater Beach, Florida. It builds “character.”
14. Three days before my oldest son was born, I had a dream about painting my pregnant belly as an object, like a watermelon, a basketball, a beach ball. Seven years later and over 100 more bellies, I just launched the Belly Art Project on October 11. All the proceeds go to Every Mother Counts.
15. I've suffered from anxiety and depression on and off throughout my life. You are not alone.
16. As a hobby, I think.
17. By the time I was 31, I had lost 11 people close to me, each from separate tragedies. Losing someone you love is the worst.
18. I would do anything for my mom.
19. My nieces call me Lo Lo.
20. I had lice last summer. Really! I got it from the kids. Ugh … that dreaded metal comb.
21. I used to do stand-up comedy. I wasn’t that funny, so I invented something.
22. I once tried out to be Goofy at Disney World, but I was too short. Turns out I’m the height of a chipmunk — 5-foot-6.
23. I own a collection of crazy colored wigs and wear them when I am bored with my hair.
24. I always wear red lipstick. It’s bold and unapologetic and reminds me to be fearless. Nars is my favorite.
25. I just joined social media! Really! @SaraBlakely on Instagram.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!