Her character sports a no-nonsense side braid in The Hunger Games, but for the film's star-studded red carpet premiere, Jennifer Lawrence went for a more glam style, courtesy of Dove celeb stylist Mark Townsend. Here, he breaks down the steps to recreating the emebellished updo.
1. Apply a large dollop of Dove Style+Care Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream Mousse ($4.89, soap.com) to damp hair.
2. Using a large round brush and a blow dryer, blow dry hair.
3. Once dry, take 3-inch sections of hair and spray each with Dove Style+Care Thermal Replenishment Spray ($4.49, walgreens.com) before wrapping the piece around a 1-inch curling iron.
4. Spray Sally Hershberger Genius Spray Wax ($7.99, ulta.com) all over to give the hair second-day texture.
5. Take two thin embellished headwraps (Townsend used Jennifer Behr headwraps, $250 each) and braid them into hair.
6. Using bobby pins, wrap and pin the braid into a bun. (Pro tip: spray Dove Refresh+Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo $4.49, walgreens.com) on pins for extra hold!)
7. Finish by spraying Dove Style+Care Extra Hold Hairspray ($4.89, soap.com) all over to keep hair in place all night.