1. He's a low-key kind of guy. "So far, it's worked out great," the Dark Knight Rises actress told Harper's Bazaar of her guy, adding that Shulman -- whom she began dating after a messy split from Raffaello Follieri in mid-2008 -- was far more "mellow" than her previous romances. "Mellow doesn't always make for a good story, but it makes for a good life."
2. Shulman may have turned to Kwiat to design Hathaway's ring, but the New York-based actor is an accomplished jewelry designer in his own right. He founded the James Banks line in 2011 with Heidi Nahser Fink.
3. Armed with a degree in theater from Brown University, Shulman began his acting career with a stint on NBC's American Bandstand-eque series American Dreams, appearing as Paul O'Bannon in 2005. Later, Shulman became known for his role as Deputy Enos Strate in the 2007 TV movie The Dukes of Hazzard: The Beginning.
4. He totally swept the Princess Diaries star off her feet! "I am very much in love with him; Adam totally ruined my plan," Hathaway told Marie Claire U.K. "I was really actually looking forward to a little alone time [after my split from Follieri], and then I fell in love like a fool!"
5. With Hathaway on his arm, Shulman fits right in with the A-list set. In 2010, Shulman seemed at ease chatting with the likes of actress Elsa Pataky and other stars when he and his gal sat front row at the Giorgio Armani Prive show in Paris.