Though none of the Star Wars trio have formally confirmed their involvement in the upcoming J.J. Abrams-helmed Star Wars: Episode VII sequel, Carrie Fisher isn't afraid to offer a few teasing tidbits about possibly reprising her iconic role as Princess Leia.
"I'm glad they are doing a new movie because they are sending a trainer to my house so I can get in really good shape," the 56-year-old actress joked to reporters recently during the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo. "So I'm really eating a lot of sugar in advance, as you can see. By the time I really get down to it I will have eaten everything."
Fisher and her cast mates -- Harrison Ford, 70, and Mark Hamill, 61 -- have thus far remained mum about whether or not they will return for the next installment, but series creator George Lucas may have unwittingly let the cat out of the bag in an interview with Bloomberg Businessweek earlier this year.
"We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison -- or we were pretty much in the final stages of negotiation," he said of planning the release of Star Wars: Episode VII in 2015 after Disney purchased Lucasfilm. "So I called them to say, 'Look, this is what's going on.'"
"Maybe I'm not supposed to say that," he added. "I think they want to announce that with some big whoop-de-do, but we were negotiating with them. … I won't say whether the negotiations were successful or not."
One development in the epic production may have been confirmed during a Berlin press conference for Abrams' upcoming Star Trek Into Darkness, however. On Wednesday, May 1, the director noted that iconic composer John Williams may be involved with the scoring for the film.
"For Star Wars, it's very early days, but I believe that, going forward, John Williams will be doing that film because he was there long before I was," he told The Hollywood Reporter.
Williams, 81, created the original score for Star Wars, including the famous theme song, as well as the infamous "Imperial March."