Charlie Sheen Pleads Not Guilty in Wife Assault Case

Celebrity News Mar. 15, 2010 AT 5:17PM
Charlie Sheen Pleads Not Guilty in Wife Assault Case Credit: Mathew Imaging/WireImage.com

Charlie Sheen pled not guilty in an Aspen, Colo. court on Monday for allegedly attacking his wife Brooke Sheen, UsMagazine.com has learned.

The 44-year-old actor has been charged with felony menacing, third degree assault and criminal mischief for the Christmas Day incident with Brooke, 32; according to a police affidavit, Charlie held a knife to Brooke's throat and threatened to kill her.

PHOTOS: See other famous families who've struggled

His trial is scheduled to begin July 21. If the star is convicted, he could serve one to three years in prison.

In the meantime, Sheen will go back to work filming his CBS sitcom Two and a Half Men on Tuesday, his rep told reporters outside the court. The star checked out of an undisclosed rehab facility early last week (his rep said he had admitted himself for "preventative measures").

PHOTOS: See an earlier Charlie Sheen scandal

In early February, Brooke Sheen's attorney Yale Galanter said that she "would like the charges to be dismissed and the case to be over." After checking out of Malibu's The Canyon rehab facility last month, Brooke is currently being treated at home for addictions to alcohol and drugs, including crack cocain, sources have confirmed to Us.

PHOTOS: Today's top celeb news photos

The couple is parents to twin sons Bob and Max, 12 months.

comments powered by Disqus

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT