Gary Oldman: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
Gary Oldman is no stranger to starring in Hollywood blockbusters, with roles in the Harry Potter and Dark Knight series. Now, you can catch him in RoboCop, a new take on the 1987 original. Here, the 55-year-old actor tells Us Weekly 25 things you might not have known about him.
1. I had a childhood nickname, but it's not fit to print.
2. I once signed a fan's breast.
3. I occasionally bite my nails.
4. Guilty pleasure: Project Runway.
5. Growing up, I had a German shepherd named Judy.
6. My first car was a secondhand Morris Minor.
7. Clint Eastwood gave me the best advice when I directed: "Get more sleep than your actors."
8. When I first met the legendary Michael Caine, he asked for an autograph for his daughter!
9. I had fun with my Jamaican accent in True Romance.
10. I don't remember doing Sid & Nancy. I've wiped the hard drive.
11. The film Husbands means the most to me.
12. I love [actor and director] John Cassavetes.
13. I miss England's irony.
14. When I did Friends, Matt LeBlanc made me laugh -- he's hilarious.
15. I wish I could be a race-car driver.
16. I once understudied an actor who fell ill. I did one show, then I fell ill.
17. I'm dyslexic. That's treu.
18. My Paul Smith scarf is my oldest piece of clothing. I just love it.
19. My secret talent is tap-dancing.
20. But I can't do the RoboCop dance.
21. The last book I read was about the late photographer Sam Shaw.
22. I saw the original RoboCop in a London cinema. Amazing for its time.
23. Best memory from making the Harry Potter movies: my kids meeting Daniel Radcliffe.
24. I support St. Jude Children's Hospital.
25. My recurring dream: I'm on stage in a play I've never rehearsed.