"Hot beverages make great holiday cocktails when you think out of the coffee cup," entertaining guru Mark Addison tells Us Weekly. Using favorite coffees, teas and apple juice can allow for a multitude of festive after-dinner drink options. Bonus: They're also tasty with or without the alcohol!
Here, Addison shares his picks for three essential holiday drinks:
CANDY CANE COFFEE
- 1 oz., Baileys Irish Cream
- 1/4 oz peppermint schnapps
- 4 oz Starbucks fresh brewed coffee
- Garnish with whipped cream and candy cane crumbles
- Brew one Lipton tea bag with two whole cloves, one cinnamon stick, and candied ginger
- Strain and serve in a snifter with 1 oz of spiced rum
- Garnish with whipped cream and a gingersnap cookie
BAKED APPLE PIE A LA MODE
- Heat 3/4 cup of Motts apple juice with two whole cloves and one cinnamon stick
- Strain and serve with 1 oz of dark rum
- Garnish with a dollop of vanilla ice cream
WIN IT! To sip in style this holiday, Us is gifting one lucky reader with a $100 Starbucks gift card. To enter, email your name, address, daytime phone number and age (must be over 21) to Giveaways@usmagazine.com. You must put 'Holiday Drink Essentials' in the subject line of your email in order to be eligible. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on Friday, December 9. Click here for official rules.