Justice is still being served in Kate Middleton's topless photo scandal. Nearly one year later after French magazine Closer published photos of the Duchess of Cambridge sunbathing topless, editor Laurence Pieau has been formally charged for being in breach of France's privacy laws.
According to Yahoo! France, Pieau was arrested earlier in July and will now stand trial with publishing director Ernesto Mauri and at least two photographers. Mauri and photographer Valerie Suau were formally charged in April.
The photos in question were taken while Middleton, 31, was sunbathing topless on vacation with husband Prince William at Chateau d'Autet in Provence, France in September 2012. During a September hearing, Middleton's lawyer, Aurelien Hamelle, aruged that the photo were a "grotesque breach of privacy."
After deciding to publish the photos, Pieau told Agence France-Press that she had no regrets. "These photos are not in the least shocking," she said at the time. "They show a young woman sunbathing topless, like the millions of women you see on beaches."
"It is a young couple that has just been married," Pieau continued. "They are in love. They are beautiful. She is the princess of the 21st century."
Middleton welcomed her first child, Prince George Alexander Louis, with Prince William on July 22.