"Sad" Gabriel Aubry Confirms Halle Berry Split
It's official: Halle Berry and boyfriend Gabriel Aubry are going their separate ways.
Following Friday's multiple reports of a split between the Oscar-winning actress and the French-Canadian male model, Aubry confirmed the news to Access Hollywood early Saturday.
"I am sad to say that Halle and I have decided together to separate at this time," Aubry's statement reads. "She is, and will forever be one of the most special and beautiful people that I have ever known, and I am certain that we will continue to have only love and respect for one another."
Berry, 43, and Aubry, 34, first met at a 2006 Versace photo shoot; they never wed. Their daughter Nahla was born in March 2008.
"We have been blessed with the most amazing daughter in the world," Aubry continues. "Her happiness and well-being are the most important thing for both of us. Please respect our privacy during this very difficult time."
TMZ had reported that the duo is currently working out a custody agreement for Nahla. "I will not comment on all of the wild inaccuracies being speculated about in the media," Berry's former beau explained simply.
On Thursday -- the night before the breakup news hit -- Berry made a cheerful solo appearance at the DKMS 4th Annual Gala: Linked Against Leukemia in NYC. She told UsMagazine.com that her daughter was "fantastic," and that she loved "everything" about being a mom.
In an interview last year with Essence, Berry gushed about her relationship, but wouldn't speculate how long it would last. "All I know is at this moment, it feels fantastic," she said.