Sharon Stone Slams Antonio Banderas Dating Reports as "Unkind, Unfounded"

Celebrity News Jun. 27, 2014 AT 9:30AM
Sharon Stone and Antonio Banderas Sharon Stone has spoken out against reports that she's romantically involved with pal Antonio Banderas, who announced his split from Melanie Griffith in early June Credit: David M. Benett/Getty Images

Sharon Stone and Antonio Banderas aren't just friends—they're family. The actress took a very strong stand on Thursday, June 26, against reports that she and the recently single Mask of Zorro star were romantically involved following his split from Melanie Griffith.

PHOTOS: Celeb splits in 2014

"Antonio is a brother to me, and Melanie has been with me for each and every birth of my three children," Stone, 56, told the Daily Mail of the actor, 53, and his estranged wife, 56. "They are my family."

Of the dating rumors, which first surfaced in Grazia, she added, "I find this salacious, unkind, unfounded reporting to be the typical pretense of what passes as 'journalism' today."

PHOTOS: Celeb couples, then and now

Banderas and Griffith first revealed their split earlier this month. In a statement to Us Weekly via their rep on June 6, the couple said, "We have thoughtfully and consensually decided to finalize our almost 20-year marriage in a loving and friendly manner honoring and respecting each other, our family, and friends, and the beautiful time we have spent together."

PHOTOS: Hollywood's ugliest divorces

Married since 1996, the soon-to-be exes share daughter Stella, 17. In divorce papers obtained by TMZ, Griffith requests child support and sole physical and joint legal custody. She also asks for spousal support.

comments powered by Disqus

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT