Before he stumbled in front of his mother at her Los Angeles apartment early Wednesday morning, Corey Haim "was running a fever" of 99 to 101, his agent Mark Heaslip said on CBS' The Early Show Thursday.
"He was laying in bed. And that night, he went to sleep, and he asked his mom to come into the room because he was having breathing problems," Heaslip said.
Haim, 38, then asked his mom, "'Would you lie next to me in bed?'" Heaslip said. "So she laid next to him in the bed, and she told Corey to roll on your side to see if it would help you breathe better, and Corey said he started feeling better. So they both went to sleep."
Between midnight and 1 a.m., "she heard someone walking around the room, and she opened her eyes, and it was Corey," said Heaslip. "He just fell right to the ground."
She dialed 911.
Haim was pronounced dead at 2:15 a.m. at Providence St. Joseph's Medical Center in Burbank, Calif.
Though the cause of death has been ruled inconclusive pending an autopsy and toxicology test, police say the actor -- who long struggled with substance-abuse problems -- likely died of an accidental drug overdose.
At the time of his death, Haim "didn't look like he was overdosed at all," Heaslip said. Heaslip told UsMagazine.com he knew that Haim was taking prescription medications, but when asked what kind, he told Us, "I don't want to say." (When he last spoke to Haim Monday, the actor seemed to be "doing really well," Heaslip told Us.)
In an interview on CNN's Larry King Live Wednesday, Haim's longtime pal Corey Feldman said Haim had been talking to "a treatment specialist" for the past two weeks.
"That treatment specialist put him on a new line of medications, which were special medications," Feldman, 38, said. "I'm not going to go into what they were, but let's just say that they may not have corresponded properly with the medications that he was currently taking."
But Feldman urged people "to stop saying it's a drug overdose. They need to stop saying, you know, their theories of what they think it is or isn't. Because at the end of the day, until the coroner's report comes out, until we have specific evidence, until we know exactly what the toxicology reports say, nobody knows. And nobody is going to know."