How to Get Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's CFDA Awards Hairstyles
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen hit up the CDFA Awards in NYC on Monday, where the designer duo was nominated for their line The Row. While the twins lost out to Prabal Gurung, both scored in the beauty department, specifically with their hairstyles.
Mary-Kate, 24, donned a skirt by The Row (the twins' line), Louis Vuitton shoes, Cartier jewelry, and finished off the look with a gold Chanel Haute Couture jacket. Dove celebrity hair stylist Mark Townsend was inspired by the glimmering piece, saying, "Her Chanel jacket is the height of fashion! There is something so young and fun and whimsical about it, so I wanted her hair to feel the same way. By creating the voluminous texture at the top and turning the hair into a bun, it adds a fresh and modern spin to the classic half up/half down style."
Here's how to get her look:
1. Start by combing a few drops of Dove Nourishing Oil Care Serum through damp hair to smooth any frizz and add shine.
2. Load up the hair with a mousse "to help create long-lasting, defined texture without leaving hair too stiff or sticky," Townsend advised. Blow out the top of the hair with a round brush to create optimal volume at the crown of her head.
3. Sprinkle dry shampoo powder at the roots to give the hair lift.
4. Gather the top and sides of the hair into the middle of the head and secure it into a bun while leaving the bottom half of the hair loose and long.
5. Finish with a firm-hold hairspray to make sure the style stays in place, but still has lots of movement.
While her sister rocked a half-up 'do, Ashley, 24, opted for hot weather-appropriate beachy waves to complement her dress and bag by The Row, Manolo Blahnik heels, and Cartier jewelry. "I wanted her hair to have the same feeling of beautiful, understated luxury that she felt in the dress," Townsend said.
Here's how to get her look:
1. Star with clean, freshly washed hair. Add a few drops of Dove Nourishing Oil Care Serum to damp hair and comb through.
2. To build piece-y, texture for the style, smooth a large dollop of mousse throughout hair, and blow dry with a large round brush.
3. Wrap three-inch sections of hair around a 1-inch curling iron and curl upwards to the nape of the neck, leaving the top of hair alone. This will create effortless, loose waves that are focused at the ends.
4. Lastly, spray Dove Flexible Hold Hairspray in the palms of your hands, then mix with a pea-size amount of Dove Nourishing Oil Care Leave-in Smoothing Cream and rake through the length of hair starting about three inches from the roots. This "cocktail" is Townsend's go-to trick that will hold the waves and leave hair with a smooth, frizz-free finish.