Gavin DeGraw Resumes Tour Following NYC Attack
Sixteen days after Gavin DeGraw was brutally attacked outside a bar in NYC's East Village (leaving him with a concussion, broken nose and black eyes), the 34-year-old singer resumed his summer tour with Maroon 5 and Train in Columbia, Maryland on Wednesday.
Earlier this month, the "Not Over You" singer told VH1 he was eager to get back on the road. "I'm feeling much better, but it will take a little bit more time to be back to 100%!" he said. "I'm overwhelmed with the outpouring of support from my fans, friends and family."
DeGraw was not attacked because of his celebrity status, multiple sources confirm. "These guys jumped him from out of nowhere. It's weird because they didn't take anything," a source told Us Weekly. "I think they did it for sport."
Following the attacks, DeGraw was forced to cancel his concerts in Wantagh, New York, and Mansfield, Massachusetts, while he recuperated at home in NYC.