It’s no secret that LIVE! With Kelly and Michael cohost Kelly Ripa has amazing abs and sexy, sculpted arms — and now her New York City-based trainer Anna Kaiser is showing Us Weekly just how the 43-year-old mom of three achieved her incredible bod. As part of her daily fitness routine, Ripa incorporates Kaiser’s interval method, which includes dance-based routines and circuit training.
“Interval training is the best way to work out, and when you pair it with dance, you make it even more fun and more efficient because you’re working on all planes of motion,” Kaiser — who also helped Shakira slim down after welcoming son Milan in 2013 — tells Us Weekly.
Kaiser invited Us Weekly into her New York City AKT INMOTION studio to get the lowdown on exercises that can be done right at home to maximize efficiency and achieve real results. Watch above as AKT trainer Sarah Wolff demonstrates Kaiser’s Tuck and Twist Ab Exercise — loved by Ripa — along with a Puzzle Push Up and cardio dance routine. “You’ll get results immediately — as soon as you commit to it,” Kaiser says.
TUCK AND TWIST AB EXERCISE
1. Start by laying flat on your back on an exercise mat with arms overhead and toes pointed. Tuck chin to chest and roll up into a near-sitting position one vertebrae at a time while pulling one knee to chest. While coming off the ground, extend arms out wide to either side.
2. Perform the same exercise while twisting toward the side of the knee that is raised.
3. Repeat to twist to the other knee.
To expand on the beginner routine, lift feet off the floor for the duration of the tucking and twisting for deeper abdominal engagement.
PUZZLE PUSH UP EXERCISE
1. Start in half plank position with knees against exercise mat.
2. With palms pressed into mat, bring arms down to a 45-degree angle and lift knees up off the floor into a push-up position.
3. Lower knees down to the floor and bring arms down to a 45-degree angle to complete the exercise. To expand on the beginner routine, start the exercise in full plank position.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on Youtube!