Looking for something festive to serve at your next holiday soiree? Leo Robitschek — the bar director of NoMad Bar, Hilary Duff’s favorite NYC hot spot — showed Us how to make a delicious eggnog that will definitely have your guests going back for more!
Get cracking early on the ‘nog, says Robitschek: “It picks up more of the spices as it sits in the fridge.”
6 eggs, separated
8 oz sugar
16 oz cream
32 oz milk
2 oz Frangelico
4 oz Scotch whisky
6 oz bourbon
6 oz cognac
6 oz rum
1 whole nutmeg
1. Separate the egg yolks and egg whites into two large bowls.
2. Add 6 oz of the sugar to the yolks and whisk or blend in a mixer until the yolks turn pale yellow and thicken.
3. Whisk or blend in the cream, milk, Frangelico, whisky, bourbon, cognac, and rum.
4. Grate the nutmeg over the top and whisk until combined.
5. Add the remaining 2 oz of sugar to the whites and whisk or blend until stiff peaks form. Slowly whisk into the yolk mixture.
6. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. When ready to serve, pour into a single rocks glass. Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg. Serves 15.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on Youtube!