Tired of boring old pasta dinners after the kids come home from school? Iron Chef alum Cat Cora — a married mom of four — shares an easy, kid-friendly treat that takes just about 20 minutes to prepare. “With my recipe, cooking fresh fish is about as fast as heating up frozen sticks,” the celebrity chef, 45, tells Us Weekly.
Read on to get all the details her delicious recipe and try it for your family tonight!
CAT CORA’S CRISPY BAKED FISH STICKS WITH HONEY MUSTARD DIPPING SAUCE
2 tsp olive oil
3 cups cornflakes, preferably organic, plus more if needed
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tbsp, plus 3/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 lb cod or snapper fillets, rinsed, dried and cut into fish shapes with a cookie cutter
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat a 9×13-inch baking sheet with the olive oil.
2. Pour the cornflakes into a large resealable plastic bag. Press down on the bag to push out most of the air, seal and crush with a rolling pin, stopping while the flakes still have some texture. Pour crushed flakes onto a plate.
3. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, 1 tbsp mustard and the garlic powder. In a separate shallow dish, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Dredge fish in the seasoned flour, shake off excess, dip into the buttermilk mix and dredge in the crushed cornflakes.
4. Place fish on the baking sheet about 1/2 inch apart. Bake until cooked through and crispy, about 20 minutes.
5. For the dipping sauce, whisk together the 3/4 cup mustard, the honey and lime juice.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!