Thanks, Mom and Dad. A popular new Reddit thread submitted last Wednesday, March 16, asks users to share the worst baby names they've recently heard, and the list is, well, the worst.
Leading the pack is one user's nomination of "Elizabreth," which a commenter joked "easy becomes The Lizard Breath."
The next in line is "Mhavryck," which the nominee said is "pronounced as Maverick." Immediately, a user replied: "Huh. And I thought Gryffynne for 'Griffin' was bad."
Observers then noted how some parents like to add their own creative spins to traditional names. "Like Amee or Billee or Melanee," one Reddit user shared. "Worst I heard was where they'd spelt it Bethanie instead of Bethany because 'then she can dot her I with a little heart.'"
"I f–king hate, hate, hate when parents do the whole 'creative spelling' thing," another person added. "In almost all interactions, it doesn't matter how it's spelled, because you're just saying the name. But then when it does matter, it's a hassle to all involved, with no benefit whatsoever. There's just that one-time benefit where the a–hole parents think they're clever when they think it up, and it's all downhill from there."
Other names mentioned by users under the Reddit thread include:
– Aliviyah. Pronounced Olivia.
– Yuck. Our good friends, bless their hearts, named their kids Elivia, and Ehann (pronounced Ian).
– Baby. Yup. That's the name.
– Little Sweetmeat. Swear to God.
– Nevaeh will always be the worst. Your going to Lleh for naming your kid that.
– Danger. I work in childcare. I could do this all damn day.
– Beberly. Sounds like an accidental birth certificate spelling error.
– Harley Quinn. Not first name and middle name. Not "Harleen Quinzel" and she calls her Harley Quinn… Her first name is Harley Quinn. Poor kid.
– My father was going to name me iditarod, like the dog sled race. I'm a girl. Thankfully my mother had the common sense to name me after her mother. My father's brothers were just as bad, with some proposed names for my cousins being icepick and kumquat. I haven't heard from that side of the family for many years thankfully, but at least I know that my cousins got regular names.
– Mine: Meldor.
– Jarica (parents couldn't decide between "Jessica" and "Erica")
– Well, I have liked the name "Garden" for a daughter, but my wife was really set on "Olive" so we compromised and are naming her Olive Garden Smith.
Then, of course, some celebrities' baby names made the list, including the monickers of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's two kids. "North West," one person wrote, which prompted another to add: "Saint West." Then, the person below that thread added "Should've gone with Wild Wild."
Tell Us: What's the worst baby name you've heard?
Sign up for Us Weekly's free, daily newsletter and never miss breaking news or exclusive stories about your favorite celebrities, TV shows and more!
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!