The Voice alum Melanie Martinez, whose album Cry Baby drops Aug. 14, shares 25 surprising facts about herself with Us Weekly.
1. I’m really good at doing hair and makeup, but I’m terrible at painting nails.
2. My shoes are never tied.
3. I need some sort of chocolate after every meal.
4. I always lose my phone.
5. I can shoot chocolate milk out of the gap between my two front teeth.
6. I have stitches on my chin and on my hand.
7. When I’m alone, I blast Muddy Waters and make up dances to every song.
8. I hate vegetables.
9. I have really vivid dreams, and often.
10. I stumble or trip at least eight times a day.
11. I’m not afraid of anything except for the dark and bees.
12. I love Play-Doh.
13. My first word was “mine” when my dad snatched a Push Pop out of my hand.
14. I can’t cook.
15. I still have two baby teeth.
16. I’m Puerto Rican and Dominican but do not speak any Spanish.
17. I never perform with shoes on, and I always wear Lacey socks.
18. I collect stuffed animals and toys from the ‘50s and ‘60s.
19. I don’t own a pair of jeans.
20. I never wear jewelry.
21. I eat at least five chocolate chip cookies a day.
22. I secretly wish I was a tattoo artist.
23. My favorite visual artists are Mark Ryden and Nicoletta Ceccoli.
24. My apartment looks like a baby’s nursery.
25. I’m obsessed with vintage Garbage Pail Kids cards, Animal Rummy cards, and Valentine’s Day cards from the ‘50s.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!