‘The Apprentice’ Producer Mark Burnett Breaks Silence on Possibility of More Donald Trump Tapes

The Apprentice producer Mark Burnett said in a new statement that he “does not have the ability nor the right” to release more possible Donald Trump tapes following the Republican presidential candidate’s recent scandal.

“MGM owns Mark Burnett’s production company and The Apprentice is one of its properties,” Burnett and MGM said in a joint statement to Us Weekly Monday, October 10. “Despite reports to the contrary, Mark Burnett does not have the ability nor the right to release footage or other material from The Apprentice. Various contractual and legal requirements also restrict MGM’s ability to release such material.”

PHOTOS: 12 Times Donald Trump Has Body-Shamed Stars Over the Years

Read article

“The recent claims that Mark Burnett has threatened anyone with litigation if they were to leak such material are completely and unequivocally false,” the note continues. “To be clear, as previously reported in the press, which Mark Burnett has confirmed, he has consistently supported Democratic campaigns.”

Donald Trump and Mark Burnett during
Donald Trump and Mark Burnett during “The Apprentice” Finale- Arrivals at California Mart in Los Angeles, California, United States in 2006. Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic

Burnett’s statement comes on the heels of the release of footage of Trump, 70, and former Access Hollywood cohost Billy Bush‘s lewd 2005 conversation, which The Washington Post leaked online Friday, October 7.

PHOTOS: Donald Trump's Most Offensive and Outrageous Quotes

Read article

In the footage, the Republican presidential candidate boasts about hitting on a married woman, later identified as famed entertainment journalist Nancy O’Dell. He also claims that “when you’re a star … you can do anything” you want, including grabbing women “by the p–sy.”

The controversial tape immediately caused an uproar, and prompted several people — including actor Judd Apatow and TV executive Chris Nee — to try pressuring Burnett, 56, on social media into releasing unaired Apprentice footage of Trump.

PHOTOS: Hillary Clinton’s A-List Supporters

Read article

Last week, the Associated Press released its interviews with more than 20 former crew members, editors and contestants from the NBC reality show, many of whom described the real estate mogul’s behind-the-scenes behavior as inappropriate, especially towards women.

“We were in the boardroom one time, figuring out who to blame for the task, and [Trump] just stopped in the middle and pointed to someone and said, ‘You’d f–k her, wouldn’t you? I’d f–k her. C’mon, wouldn’t you?” an unidentified crew member told the news outlet during its investigation. “Everyone [was] trying to make him stop talking, and the woman [was] shrinking in her seat.”

For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!