Soccer star Carli Lloyd is gearing up for her third Olympics, this summer in Rio de Janeiro — along with preparing to wed longtime love Brian Hollins in the fall. During a break from training, she shared 25 fun facts about herself exclusively with Us Weekly.
1. I have a scar right below my neck from a beauty mark I got removed when I was younger.
2. As a kid, I licked my lips so bad that I created a ring around my lips, and my cousins nicknamed me “four-lips.” I am forever scarred from that and addicted to ChapStick.
3. I sleep with earplugs every night.
4. As a kid, I loved collecting matchbox cars and trading cards.
5. I have an obsession with writing to-do lists.
6. In high school, I got my license before all of my friends, so I drove them around in my Chrysler minivan, blasting music.
7. I would not consider myself a cat person, but growing up, we had the best cat named Buster.
8. My crush growing up was Nick Lachey. I loved 98 Degrees!
9. It is a must that I shower every night before going to sleep.
10. For the most part I eat healthy, but on occasion I pig out on my favorite pizza place back home, Pietro’s Pizza in Philadelphia.
11. I swam on my local town swim team until I was 18. Backstroke was my best event.
12. I am an aggressive driver and yell at people when they drive slow in the left-hand lane.
13. I currently have two Olympic gold medals and am a World Cup champion, but by the time my career is over (in five years), I would like to add two more gold medals and another World Cup championship to my name.
14. I am not easily starstruck, but meeting Lionel Messi for the first time was a surreal moment I will never forget.
15. I always listen to music when I am on the bus heading to a game. Pump-up songs include Coldplay’s “A Sky Full of Stars” and Rachel Platten’s “Fight Song.”
16. When I am not playing soccer, I love booking massages at Hand and Stone in Delran, NJ, and getting manicures and pedicures.
17. I became addicted to coffee after the 2015 World Cup because I was operating on four hours of sleep a night.
18. Christmas is my favorite time of the year.
19. I have a memoir coming out in fall 2016.
20. When I was 18, I was hiking in Arizona and got a cactus stuck on my hand. It left bumps on my hand for years.
21. It doesn’t matter what holiday it is … I am training that day!
22. I dislike Valentine’s Day and think it is overrated.
23. I like all vegetables except peas.
24. My favorite shows growing up were Saved by the Bell and Beverly Hills, 90210. I am pretty sure I have seen every single episode. Zack Morris and Brandon Walsh were my crushes.
25. I am infatuated with airplanes. I wish I could sit in the cockpit while the pilots are flying the plane.