Four prescription bottles were found at Corey Haim's North Hollywood apartment, Los Angeles Coroner assistant chief Ed Winter confirms to UsMagazine.com.
"There were no illicit drugs found at the residence. There were four prescription bottles taken," Winter tells Us. Details on the prescriptions have not yet been released, but Winter says they were "just normal prescriptions."
PHOTOS: Look back at Corey Haim's life
"The Los Angeles Police Department reported it was a possible drug overdose, but we've seen no signs of foul play at this time," Winter continues. "It's pending an autopsy and toxicology."
Winter explains that Haim awoke early Wednesday morning not feeling well.
Us pays tribute to stars gone too soon
"His mother was with him. He got up. He felt weak, and she helped him on to the bed. She called paramedics," Winter tells Us. "They responded and transported him to the hospital. He was pronounced [dead] at 2:15 a.m.."
Haim's body was "not in bad shape," Winter says. "He had been sick for the last couple of days with flu-like symptoms."
See what happened to other famous child stars
Sign up for Us Weekly's free, daily newsletter and never miss breaking news or exclusive stories about your favorite celebrities, TV shows and more!
Haim was best known for 80s films including License to Drive and The Lost Boys.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!