Actor Ed Helms, whose new film Vacation is in theaters now, gave Us Weekly the inside scoop and shared 25 surprising facts about himself.
1. I’m a pretty solid harmonica player.
2. I can spin just about any flat object under 2 pounds on my finger.
3. I almost had a panic attack inside an MRI machine but managed to keep it together.
4. I love politics.
5. I’m confused by people who are entitled.
6. I will run for hours in a game of soccer or basketball, but I can’t stand jogging.
7. I once rode a bush plane into a remote bay in Alaska and camped for two weeks.
8. I’m kind of into disaster preparedness. But it’s more about just acquiring cool gear.
9. My shoulders are very loose from competitive swimming in high school and college.
10. I love reading, but I’m a really slow reader and it’s frustrating.
11. As a teenager, I was a pretty gnarly white-water kayaker.
12. I own a motorcycle but never ride it anymore.
13. I like meditating.
14. I think compassion and curiosity are the most attractive traits.
15. I have a nice, long scar on my chest from open heart surgery when I was 14.
16. I’m a humongous fan of The Office and still can’t believe I got to be on it.
17. I’m not an experienced chef, but I love cooking, and I am irrationally confident about my cooking instincts.
18. I have a great workshop where I once built a batch of cigar-box guitars for my nieces and nephews.
19. I went to camp in the Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina. I still think it’s one of the most beautiful places.
20. I can talk on stage in front of thousands with no problem, but playing my banjo or guitar for five people gives me stage fright.
21. I wish more people valued community service.
22. I love waffles for breakfast, but only on special occasions.
23. I often get hiccups after dinner.
24. I love radio-controlled cars, planes, boats, and helicopters.
25. Chewing Big League Chew gum as a kid made me want to chew tobacco. Vomiting made me want to stop chewing tobacco.