Erika Kirk officially threw her support behind The Hills star Spencer Pratt in the Los Angeles mayoral race.
“Regardless of the outcome of Spencer Pratt’s race, what he’s doing is authentically American,” Kirk, 38, announced via X on Thursday, May 21. “See a problem, become a part of the solution. His campaign ads are unconventional, but that’s the point; it’s refreshing. Instead of speaking like a career politician, he’s speaking as an American who sees and deeply understands how fragile the simple things in life are when leadership fails.”
The Turning Point USA CEO drew particular attention to Pratt, 42, centering his mayoral campaign on the 2025 Palisades Fire, which destroyed the reality star and wife Heidi Montag’s home.
“This is what this country is all about. Citizens willing to step into the political arena, unafraid, and challenge a failing system, much like the one that has destroyed Los Angeles,” Kirk insisted. “I hope moments like this inspire more Americans to throw their names into the mix, run for office, get involved and stand up for what makes this country exceptional.”
Pratt is running against Democratic incumbent Mayor Karen Bass as an independent community advocate but he is a registered Republican and has close ties to the conservative media sphere.
Earlier this week, President Donald Trump officially weighed in on the race with some supportive words for Pratt.
“I’d like to see him do well. He’s a character,” Trump, 79, told reporters on Wednesday, May 20. “I assume he probably supports me.”
The president added, “I heard he does [support me]. I heard he’s a big MAGA person. He’s doing well.”
A Newsweek election tracker listed Mayor Bass, 72, as a “clear favorite” to win reelection as of Thursday, though Pratt and L.A. City Councilwoman Nithya Raman have closed the gap in various polls in recent weeks.
A primary will be held on June 2. If no candidate receives a majority of the vote, the top two candidates — regardless of political affiliation — advance to the general election on November 3.

Pratt has put his family’s future at stake in the race, vowing to move out of Los Angeles if he doesn’t unseat Bass. (Pratt and Montag, 39, share two sons: Gunner Stone, 8, and Ryker Rock, 3.)
“If Karen Bass gets reelected or Nithya gets elected, I will be done with trying to live in L.A.,” he told comedian Adam Carolla on Saturday, May 16. “I’ll take that money from the [Gavin Newsom state park lawsuit] and the LADWP [Los Angeles Department of Water and Power], and I’ll go somewhere that my kids will not have to see naked zombies, and I can have the last American dream somewhere.”
Asked why he would “not rebuild” his home under another mayor, he asked, “What would I be putting money into?”
Pratt initially announced his bid for L.A. mayor this past January while attending the “They Let Us Burn” public demonstration, one year after the Palisades Fire.








