If there’s anything Kim Kardashian has learned over the past decade in the spotlight, it’s how to make an entrance. But for sister Kendall Jenner’s 21st birthday dinner at Catch in L.A. November 2, Kim bypassed the photographers and fans flanking the front door and slipped in through a door off the garage.
Introducing the new cautious, subdued Kim. More than a month after five armed men posing as police officers bound, gagged and robbed her at gunpoint inside her Paris apartment, Kim, 36, struggles to move past the terror of that event. To ensure that never happens again, she and husband Kanye West have ordered “a complete overhauling of security,” a source reveals in the new issue of Us Weekly.
As Us previously reported, she parted ways with her bodyguard of three years, Pascal Duvier, who was on the Paris trip, but with sisters Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall at a club during the robbery. In Duvier’s place: a cadre of both uniformed and nonuniformed guards who scrutinize her every move as she begins to step back into the spotlight after a month in self-imposed exile.
“A team of security experts goes through her day-to-day life to assess potential threats and vulnerabilities,” says a family source. The mom of North, 3, and 11-month-old Saint no longer chauffeurs herself, either. Says an insider, “She’s taking a driver and using all different cars to throw off people tracking her.”
The Keeping Up With the Kardashians star is eager to resume her day-to-day activities, though. “Kim spent almost a month completely indoors,” says a family source. “For someone to go from a busy life to canceling everything, that’s a huge change.”
For more on Kardashian’s ordeal, pick up the new issue of Us Weekly, on stands now.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on Youtube!