Jessica Alba first graced the pages of magazines as a model and actress known for starring roles in Dark Angel, Honey, Good Luck Chuck and the first two Fantastic Four films. Now the 35-year-old regularly appears on behalf of the Honest Company, the billion-dollar business empire she helped found.
Although the mother of two — she shares daughters Honor, 8, and Haven, 5 with husband Cash Warren — has put a lot of focus into growing the all-natural beauty and consumer-goods company, don’t forget she’s still in the acting game.
Before the premiere of her latest film, Mechanic: Resurrection with Jason Statham (which hits theaters August 26), the Sin City star shared 25 interesting facts about herself exclusively with Us Weekly!
1. I did all my stunts for Mechanic: Resurrection. Hand-to-hand combat is where I’m home.
2. Savory over sweet every time. (Except sour licorice. Obsessed.)
3. I have a natural golf swing thanks to my grandma.
4. As a child, I played baseball and soccer, and I swam.
5. I have two dogs: Bowie is a 10-year-old pit bull–collie mix with one blue eye and one brown eye who looks like a Dalmatian. Sid is a well-fed pug, 15.
6. My first concert was New Kids on the Block. Obviously.
7. My favorite films are The Princess Bride, Overboard and Say Anything.
8. I can’t live without popcorn made with coconut oil and Himalayan sea salt.
9. I pride myself on being a great cook. I can whip together an amazing meal in 20 minutes using whatever’s in the fridge.
10. My favorite meals to cook are giant holiday roast situations with a bunch of killer sides.
11. My worst nightmare is being surrounded by a flock of pigeons.
12. I learned to drive stick before I learned how to drive an automatic.
13. My left front tooth is half fake. I broke it during a kissing scene gone wrong. Thanks a lot, Dane Cook. [Wink.]
14. My first car was a Ford Explorer — the Eddie Bauer edition with a hunter green exterior. Ohhh, yeah.
15. My dream destination is Greece.
16. I love home improvement projects, especially if they involve a sander.
17. Two of my most prized possessions: a rosary and a St. Christopher card my grandmother gave me.
18. I spent my first big paycheck on a pair of Dr. Martens. I was 12 and my mom thought my feet were still growing, so she made me get them two sizes too big. And they only had brown. I looked like a clown.
19. When I was young, I wanted to be a marine biologist.
20. I hate lima beans with a passion.
21. I never travel without my circulation socks, Honest Beauty Magic Balm for my face, Honest Organic Healing Balm for my feet, a hydrating face mask and my Turbie Twist. Sexy!
22. I know how to ride a motorcycle — I learned on an Indian [motorcycle].
23. I’m allergic to Brazil nuts and dates.
24. My first big photo shoot was for Seventeen in June 1994. (Amy Smart was in it, too!)
25. I’ve got hot sauce in my bag. Queen Bey made me feel normal.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!