Heard, 30, withdrew her request for a domestic violence restraining order on Tuesday, August 16, with prejudice, which means she cannot refile the case.
The divorce case has also been resolved after Depp, 53, allegedly agreed to pay his ex approximately $7 million, according to TMZ, which was the first to break the news.
“Our relationship was intensely passionate and at times volatile, but always bound by love,” the former couple said in a joint statement issued to Us Weekly. “Neither party has made false accusations for financial gain. There was never any intent of physical or emotional harm. Amber wishes the best for Johnny in the future. Amber will be donating financial proceeds from the divorce to a charity. There will be no further public statements about this matter.”
The news comes nearly three months after Heard filed for divorce from Depp in May. Shortly after, she was granted a temporary restraining order against the Pirates of the Caribbean actor, claiming that he was verbally and physically abusive throughout their four-year relationship. Depp’s lawyer has since repeatedly denied the allegations.
As previously reported, Depp allegedly cut off his fingertip during a March 2015 fight with Heard after he reportedly accused her of cheating with Billy Bob Thornton. TMZ reported that the Alice Through the Looking Glass actor injured himself while smashing glass bottles and windows, and used his bloody finger to write “Billy Bob” and “Easy Amber” on a bathroom mirror. (Heard and Thornton were working on the film London Fields at the time.) Thornton later refuted the claims to TMZ.
Days earlier, a video of Depp slamming kitchen cabinets and throwing a wine glass and bottle was released online. Heard later told Us in a statement that she was “not responsible for the release of the video.”
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!