Behind those hazel eyes…is a big dreamer! Before she became the inaugural winner of American Idol, Kelly Clarkson, 32, had big plans for Broadway, animated films, and a loving marriage to a fictional TV hunk. Here, she shares 25 things you might not know about her.
1. Ever since I was a kid, I have wanted to be the singing and talking voice for an animated film.
2. I want to be on Broadway. I fell in love with NYC when I recently spent two weeks there just for fun.
3. I have abnormally short arms.
4. When I was 11, I was convinced I was going to marry Sully from Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.
5. I am addicted to tea and coffee. Doesn’t have to be caffeinated. I love the whole process of making tea and/or coffee. It soothes me, for some odd reason.
6. My favorite movies are An Affair to Remember, Out of Africa, Gladiator, and Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby.
7. My favorite bakery is called Busy B’s Bakery in Burleson, Texas. I’ve ordered the same thing since I was 10 years old: Bavarian cremes and sausage rolls.
8. I can take a two-hour bath easily, but it has to have bubbles and essential oils.
9. When I was pregnant with [8-month-old] River Rose and so sick, I’d get sucked into the vortex that is YouTube, watching clips of Ellen DeGeneres, Jimmy Fallon, and anything Meryl Streep–related.
10. Also while pregnant, I was extremely hormonal and miserable from vomiting. I apparently called my assistant crying, “I’ll never be Meryl Streep!” I don’t remember this, but I don’t think my assistant could make that kind of ridiculous statement up.
11. I love cleaning out my ears. I’m obsessed with Q-tips and ear candling.
12. I secretly want to try out for The Voice to see if I can get all four chairs to turn around.
13. I cannot understand the fact that controlled narcotic substances and alcohol are legal and weed isn’t. How many people do you know who have died from weed? My point exactly.
14. I can still remember how peaceful I felt the very first time I saw my husband, [Brandon Blackstock], almost nine years ago.
15. I wanted to be Dixie Carter from Designing Women or Clair Huxtable from The Cosby Show when I was little.
16. I’ve never liked the beach or lying out in the sun for vacations. I’d rather be in the mountains wrapped up in a blanket on a cold day with a bottle of wine and a great book.
17. My favorite drink in the entire world is called the Milkbone at Fido in Nashville.
18. One day, I will build a secret garden like the one in the novel.
19. I have a horse called The Unicorn because he is perfect and anyone can ride him.
20. Until I was 19, I thought the title of the song was “Secret Asian Man” instead of “Secret Agent Man.”
21. I cried for a solid hour on the phone with the creator of American Idol and pleaded to be let out of the contract that said I had to film From Justin to Kelly.
22. Most of the time I love animals more than I love humans.
23. My favorite books are Matilda, Jane Eyre, Persuasion, and A Little Princess.
24. I have a concealed handgun license.
25. I hate Brussels sprouts and can’t stand that every time I say that, somebody always says, “Oh, but you’ve never tried mine!” I love and eat every kind of vegetable, but not that one.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!