Andy Murray's secret weapon at Wimbledon? His girlfriend, Kim Sears. The 25-year-old British beauty earned a lot of attention from cameras as she watched her 26-year-old professional tennis player boyfriend win Wimbledon on Sunday, July 7 by defeating Novak Djokovic in the 2013's men's singles final. Here, Us Weekly uncovers some facts about Murray's stunning longtime love.
1. Sears is a 25-year-old artist. She specializes in animal portraits, and shares several of her paintings on her website. Murray revealed on Twitter that their dogs, Maggie and Rusty, were allowed to sleep in beda after his win.
2. Fellow Brits Sears and Murray have been dating for seven years. According to the Daily Mail, Sears met Murray through her father Nigel, a British tennis coach, at a tournament. Murray reportedly won Sears' affection through flowers and text messages. The blonde beauty moved in with the tennis pro in 2009, and they share a home in Scotland. They briefly broke up, but reunited six months later. "It's been seven, coming up to eight years pretty much — bar a few months in the middle — we've been together," Murray told the Mirror of their relationship after his win. "It's been a long time."
3. Sears is well-known for her impeccable gorgeous sense of style, and has even been compared to Kate Middleton. She wore a mint-colored Victoria, Victoria Beckham Spring 2013 dress to the Wimbledon final on July 7, and it's already reportedly selling out. The Daily Mail also reports that Sears' blowout hairstyle is one of the most requested looks at British salons.
4. She makes a good tennis girlfriend. "One thing that, I think, really helps with her is that she really understands the sport because she has been around it from a young age," Murray said via the Mirror. "She was used to her dad traveling on the Tour when she was a kid so she knew what it was like to have that sort of distant relationship and that's obviously helped a lot.
5. Sears may soon become Mrs. Murray. Fans are speculating that Murray may be ready to propose to Sears now that he's accomplished his ultimate goal of winning Wimbledon. But when the athlete was asked by reporters if he would be popping the question soon, Murray demurred, "I haven't thought about that yet."
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!