Lauren Conrad has come a long way since being the girl who didn’t go to Paris. In honor of her 30th birthday on Monday, February 1, we dug up some of her wisest — and realest — quotes from her years on MTV and beyond. Never forget when she scolded fellow Hills stars Heidi Montag on friendship or Audrina Patridge on dating Justin Bobby — or the time she shut down Sway Calloway with that “CEO” answer.
Conrad, who rose to fame on MTV’s Laguna Beach, has since become a best-selling author, fashion designer and wife! On top of that, The Hills alum — who married William Tell in a gorgeous 2014 ceremony — has another book coming in March.
Here are 10 of LC’s wisest quotes to forever live by:
1. “Like everyone, trust nobody.” The Hills, season 2
2. “There’s a difference between good people who do bad things and bad people who do bad things.” The Hills, season 3
3. “Flowers mean I’m sorry, chocolates mean I love you.” The Hills, season 1
4. “I’d rather have a few true friends than a lot of fake crappy ones.” The Hills, season 3
5. “Love is not a maybe thing.” The Hills, season 1
6. “Don't cry over someone who wouldn't cry over you.” The Hills, season 4
7. “The only way to belong is act like you belong, or not give a s–t whether you belong or not.” L.A. Candy, 2009.
8. “[What's your favorite position?] CEO.” Sway In the Morning, 2014
9. “Life’s tough. Get a helmet.” The Hills, season 5
10. “I think your mistakes sort of mold you. It was important for me to make that one. After that, I definitely made it a point to not let others get in the way of what I wanted to do. Whether it's a relationship or your family or friends, the people close to you should encourage you to work towards your dreams. That was an important lesson for me to learn. And also, just always go to Paris! Always!” Teen Vogue, 2013
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!