Five-time Grammy winner and diva extraordinaire Mariah Carey, who is currently starring in her show #1 to Infinity at the Colosseum in Las Vegas’ Caesars Palace, gave Us Weekly a peek inside her lavish world by sharing 25 surprising facts about herself!
1. I smoked quite frequently from the time I was 12 to when I was 18. I gave up smoking in one day and never went back. I absolutely detest cigarette smoke now.
2. I have an extreme aversion to overhead lighting. In my opinion, elevator lighting is toxic!
3. I have totally natural nails.
4. I do not observe birthdays. I do, however, celebrate the anniversary of my birth [March 27] every day at 3:27 a.m., p.m., EST, PST, and ST!
5. I am a very sloppy neat freak.
6. The first mixed drink I ever had was a sloe gin fizz.
7. I arrange flowers in my spare time. Well, when I have spare time, that is.
8. I can make a mean gluten-free lasagna and an even meaner pecan pie.
9. I’m a very good laundress, when I have to be.
10. I dislocated my shoulder two years ago, and it was the worst pain I’ve ever experienced. I had to wear a glove for a while because it affected my hand as well. Thanks to physical therapy, I’m finally glove-free!
11. I can whistle with my hands.
12. My favorite things are vintage chandeliers and sconces. I have them everywhere decorating my Tribeca penthouse apartment.
13. I do all of my own stunts in videos. The Jet Ski scenes, the fight scenes, all of them!
14. I can do many impersonations with the various octaves of my voice.
15. Time is irrelevant to me. I never wear a watch.
16. I swim in evening gowns and heels.
17. I’m addicted to Scandal, How to Get Away With Murder, and Veep.
18. I hate mascara. I never wear it. Whenever a makeup artist tries to put it on me, I throw a fit.
19. I may hold the world record for most rides on the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror ride at Disney World.
20. I dyed my hair orange by accident in the seventh grade. It was a major disaster!
21. I started beauty school in the 11th grade, and a year later I was officially a beauty school dropout.
22. I love animals! I’m a cat person, a dog person, a dolphin person…. Crazy about them all!
23. The bathtub is my place of serenity. Any tub, really — bathtub, hot tub or whatever. As long as there is water.
24. I make incredible food every Christmas Eve.
Sign up for Us Weekly's free, daily newsletter and never miss breaking news or exclusive stories about your favorite celebrities, TV shows and more!
25. I was a mathlete. Just kidding — I even failed remedial math!
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!