Come again? It turns out, Mario Lopez won’t be hosting Extra by himself any time soon — or so he says. Despite earlier reports, the Saved By the Bell alum claimed that his co-host Maria Menounos is not leaving the entertainment news show during an appearance on Watch What Happens Live on Thursday, April 24.
The admission came as a shock to host Andy Cohen, and was revealed only after a caller asked Lopez if Menounos, 35, was saying goodbye because the two don’t get along.
“No, I see her at work. I see her every day. She’s not leaving,” the frazzled 40-year-old professed. “No, until I don’t see her there, she’s there. She’s on the show.”
Lopez seemed uncomfortable during the questioning, as he awkwardly tried to find which camera to look into. Cohen replied: “But didn’t Maria announce that she was leaving Extra?”
“No, she didn’t,” Lopez clarified. “No, it’s not true.”
Menounos has branched out since joining Extra in 2012. Last month, her new Oxygen docu-series Chasing Maria Menounos premiered, which features her boyfriend, Keven Undergaro, and her parents, Costas and Litsa.
As for bad blood with Lopez? “There is no bad energy,” a source told Us in March. “Maria has so much going on with her reality show, and she’s happy that she has so many options to explore right now.”
Watch the video now!
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!