MC Lyte is a pioneering female rapper and the founder of the Hip Hop Sisters Foundation. Here, the 42 year-old hip-hop industry veteran shares 25 things you may not know about her.
1. That I love Broadway Musicals. I saw the original Dreamgirls and fell in love with the bright lights, glamor and glitz.
2. My first appearance was on a song with Sinead O'Conner entitled "Put Your Hands on Me".
3. I saw the movie Grease 8 weeks in a row and know every word to the songs featured on the soundtrack.
4. I'm an active participant on E-harmony. Lol
5. I music supervised 5 tv shows and earned major stripes in that area.
6. I'm vegan and love it.
7. I'm a big fan of Wayne Dyer.
8. I only use Tom's Toothpaste.
9. I am a huge lover of Easy Listening/Soft Rock. I sing to the best of 'em, Carol King, Neil Diamond & James Taylor etc.
10. I only drink Almond Milk with my latte.
11. I buy a gallon of Kangen water every morning for 89 cents.
12. I live to laugh.
13. I'm a serious bowler and have been since the high school bowling team. I've got my own shoes and my own bowl. I stay ready…
14. My foundation Hip Hop Sisters gives away (2) 100,000 scholarships every year as part of the First Wave program at Wisconsin/Madison.
15. I mediate every morning, it helps to keep me focused throughout the day.
16. All I Do, As and Another Star are my favorite songs from Stevie Wonder.
17. I'm working on my next album and more excited about recording than I ever have been.
18. My company Sunni Gyrl represents rapper/actress Lil Mama who's starring in the new TLC biopic.
19. My business partner, Lynn Richardson and I are co- executive producing our first docu-series with Viacom's BET.
20. I wanted to act before I wanted to rap and Tootie from The Facts of Life was my inspiration.
21. I co-host a weekly nationwide radio show called Cafe Mocha on terrestrial radio as well as Sirius/XM.
22. Coming to America and When Harry Met Sally are two movies I can watch anytime and anywhere.
23. I'm loving the works of new artists Kendrick Lamar and Macklemore
24. DJ Biz Mark and Cool V gave me the first library of music that helped to kick off my DJ career.
25. Rapper Heavy D was like a brother who called to check on me and I loved hearing from him. I miss him dearly and think about him often.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!